Saturday, October 30, 2010

Let's Get Shnazzy!

So I am well aware of the fact that it is neither Tuesday or Wednesday night, and it is indeed much later that I am posting this but, I must be honest. The creative juices that I feel I need in order to write intriguing posts, was depleted. It has taken up until about now, which it is almost 12am Saturday/Sunday, to regain the will to write. :(
As pathetic as that may be, it is true. But I guess better late than never!

Ok. So what's on the menu for Tuesday, October 26, 2010 you might ask?

Chicken Cordon Bleu
Broccoli-Stuffing Casserole
Cream Cheese twice baked Mashed Potatoes

So, instead of telling you HOW to make them, which a website (allrecipes.com) can simply do, I will just share with you how it went down in our kitchen. Sound good?

It is 12:50 and my last class of the day has ended. HURRAY! time to go home and get the shopping list made. We have tonz of time, dinner could potentially be on the table at a reasonable hour, which has yet to happen.

And a new discovery has been made.... COUPONS! Who doesn't like those?

So between dawdling, finding coupons, and other mindless time killers, dinner still wasn't served till late. Sorry. But let's just say, it was worth the wait. I don't even like ham (which I saved $0.55 on from said coupons) and the cordon-bleu was delicious.

2: Casserole, ehh, it was pretty good, I mean, who doesn't like fresh broccoli. Except for the fact that the recipe called for dry stuffing mix, which we thought was a little odd. Ended up tasting pretty good if you don't mind the crunch, but a quick solution which we found was to put the easy, delicious, wine-free, cordon-bleu sauce right on it. Mmmm... Yummy


3: Take my advice, don't even bother putting the mashed potatoes back in the over, it makes them just.. Hotter?... Wooh :/  just eat it as soon as it's ready. Problem. Solved. Although they were still pretty good I must admit.


I have decided to get readers input on next week. As of now we have yet to pick out a meal for next week and time is drawing closer. I was blessed to have absolutely no homework this week/weekend, but I must assume that this will come to an end very shortly. So please, please, please, if you have a recipe or link to a recipe that you would suggest, feel free to do so.
Also, lastly (I promise) I have noticed that there is a lack of fruits and veggies, basically anything healthy, in our meals, so if you have any veggie recipes, send those first. Ok, thanx, byeeee ^_^

Recipe Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment