Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Something Funky

Yes, I am aware. It is WAY past due for an update. So I will do you the courtesy of doing a "two-for".

So last week was something that I can't really put a label on. It was like noodle/tomato wedge pasta? Idk. But all I know is that once it was "done" we were both like. Um??? how do we eat this, so we put it in a pan, put tonz of cheese in it and sprinkled it with crushed Ritz crackers :) Thus making this our first "experimental" recipe.
Kinda pathetic I know.

Well, it may not have been such a winner of a recipe, but we did something that we had never done before.

Our entire meal was done in GOOD TIME! like-woah!

AND

We have proof, and NO we did not change the times on the clocks.




Secondly. Tonight we cooked what may have been the best meal so far.

It was:
Country Style Chicken
Baked Mac'n'cheese
Peas

You know, Publix is absolutely awesome, with their little "Apron's" lady who is always conveniently there to give us nummy food. She inspired us and when we finished, it tasted exactly like it was supposed to (potentially even better).

Everyone in the house liked it. And the sauce was so simple. You just saute peppers, tomatoes, and onions, then add vegetable seasoning, and then water and gravy mix until smooth.

The chicken was my favorite part tho.

For my 18th birthday, my mom sent me everything I would possibly need to make New Orleans Beignets. Included in my huge gift was my own personal electric skillet :) :) :) and I got to use it to fry the chicken, which turned out really good. It felt like I was working at Chick-fil-A, but in our own kitchen.


Ta-Dah!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Sounds yummy! Wish you would be here to help me cook for Thanksgiving, but hope you have fun with your family!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your tomatoes look very pretty.... :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete